Are you a fan of trying new things? If yes, your adventure does not have to end with visiting new places and trying out trending outfits. For instance, try taking your adventure towards beverages. You do not have to take the same bottled drinks at your favorite spot every time.
Try something sweet and sour for a change. And more exciting, serve it from a tap. This is where Kombucha on tap comes in. If the word ‘Kombucha’ sounds new to you, do not worry so much about it.
The article below explains everything you need to know about Kombucha and why it is the perfect drink for you, especially on tap.
What is Kombucha, and What Are the Benefits You Get from Drinking It.
Generally, Kombucha is a fermented type of tea that is sweet and sour. Its basic ingredients are sugar, yeast, and tea. Kombucha has gained popularity over the years due to its numerous benefits ranging from health to luxury.
- It is considered an energy drink.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Facilitate weight loss.
- Reduce heart disease and blood pressure.
- Help prevent cancer.
- Helps with indigestion.
- Get rid of body toxins.
In terms of luxury, some kinds of Kombucha contain between 0.5% and 2%, classifying them as alcoholic drinks.
Where Did Kombucha Originate from
Kombucha is an ancient Chinese drink that has been in existence for over two thousand years. It was called ‘the tea of immortality. It was meant to treat the Chinese emperors many years ago. It was first brewed in China, and later, it reached Japan and Russia. It has expanded its sales to the United States due to its health benefits, especially because it is an energy drink.
What Kombucha on Tap Really means
‘Kombucha on Tap’ stands out because besides being fermented and ready to consume, you can go an extra mile to keg it. This evolution gives it a whole new sense of serving but does not tamper with its taste whatsoever. Kegged Kombucha allows you to enjoy serving yourself the right quantity at a time through a tap.
How to Achieve Kombucha On Tap
Due to its similarity to beer, Kombucha is well dispensed from a keg via carbon dioxide. Considering Kombucha’s acidic nature, the dispensing system should contain type 304 stainless metals.
The three basic requirements for you to successfully achieve dispensing Kombucha from a keg are as follows:
- Carbon dioxide tank and regulator– CO2 serves two main purposes. First, it helps carry the Kombucha out of the keg via the lines and out through the faucet. Secondly, CO2 facilitates the carbonation process, which is responsible for the fizzing nature of the Kombucha. On the other hand, the regulator will help you control the quantity and the speed as it comes out of the faucet.
- Draft lines and connectors– Settling on the connectors will be influenced by the type of kegging style you are working with.
- Draft Faucets– 304 types of stainless steel faucets are the best option for you. This conclusion is brought about by its acidic nature.
Besides the health benefits from Kombucha, it is a good way for you to break the normal trail of always opting for beers and wines like everyone else. Some Kombucha products are designed to satisfy your thirst the same way as wine and beers. Be a guest at the high tables like the emperors. Have a taste of the most precious drink full of health and happiness.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Lifestyle category
Leave a Reply