2020 was a rough year for nearly everyone. The world went through significant unprecedented changes due to the pandemic. From personal affairs to corporate decisions, all underwent a paradigm shift to the new normal. Marketing was no alien to this change. Like decision-making modified, marketing strategies significantly altered, many of which are likely to become an essential part of 2021.
While traditional marketing still carries great value, digital marketing might have recently beat it. However, there is no better way to justify the importance of several marketing gimmicks than with the use of statistical evidence. Read below to find out some mind-blowing stats about the latest marketing trends.
Search Engine Optimization is undoubtedly the most beneficial marketing gimmick of all times, and more so notably of 2021. SEO improves your website’s visibility and ranking on search engines like Google and Yahoo and helps build customer trust and loyalty.
- SEO drives greater than 50% of organic traffic to your site. One crucial advantage of using SEO is that it can increase traffic on your site.
- Google searches counted up to nearly 360 billion this year. Seeing the critical use of the world wide web, the role of SEO in digital marketing signifies.
- 55.3% of sites do not have any backlinks. Backlinks are a significant part of SEO. They help in getting a better ranking and speed up indexing. Not having a single backlink means your site will not attract any referral traffic.
- On-page and off-page SEO are two more essential SEO components. 58% of marketers believe on-page SEO to be the most effective marketing tactic.
Marketers consider email marketing to be the most original and professional form of marketing. When done right, email marketing can be immensely beneficial, as stated below.
- 82% of users open welcome emails with eye-catching content and subject lines.
- On average per year, the total number of emails sent accounts to more than 103 Trillian. Experts expect the number to rise further.
- 60% of users subscribe to their favorite brands’ emails to receive promotional deal alerts.
Social Media Marketing
The criticality social media carries in almost everybody’s life today is incredible. It is powerful, unavoidable, and has surprisingly changed the way we like it.
- Almost 4 billion people use social media, with Facebook as the lead.
- Nearly 74% of consumers make purchase decisions after browsing through social media.
- 71% of users with a positive brand experience on social media pass on the recommendation to others.
Consumer purchase decisions largely depend on choosing and implementing the right marketing strategy. Considering how lifestyles are evolving and buying patterns are amending, switching from obsolete marketing strategies seems essential. Marketers must start investing in digital marketing, especially in SEO, email marketing, and social media marketing. These three are taking the lead in being the most effective marketing strategies amongst others, as evident from the above statistics.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Marketing category